Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 

Programming note

I'm leaving for New Orleans. I'll be there for the next week. My main goal is to cover the legendary New Orleans Jazz & Hertiage Festival, which begins Friday, for High Times. But, of course, I'll also observe the conditions of the city post-Katrina. This will all be part of my reportage. I plan to drive around town and visit friends and musicians, conduct interviews. I also intend to eat plenty of crawfish, oysters and beignets and maybe even suck down a few - dare I say? - Hurricanes. So for the next week I will not be covering the Mets as I have since opening day. You'll have to get you Mets news elsewhere. Check this blog for daily reports from New Orleans.

The Mets lost last night in San Francisco 6-2, the 5th time in 7 games. They're in a classic West Coast road-trip swoon. Tom Glavine had his first less-than-stellar game, allowing a 3-run HR to Moises Alou in the 1st. The Mets' bats were silent again, with David Wright and Cliff Floyd going hitless. Carlos Beltran was again not in the lineup. Barry Bonds barely got to swing his bat, walking 3 times. Tonight, it's up to Steve Trachsel to stop the bleeding. When I return on Monday, so will the Mets. Hopefully, the Mets can salvage this trip.

The Big Easy beckons...

Comments:
Have a great trip!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Your Ad Here