Saturday, June 17, 2006

 

Bonnaroo morning

This is the only quiet time at Bonnaroo. After the last band ends - Blackalicious at 4:20 am - until music begins all over again at noon. It's quiet as the sun rises. Car stereos have been turned off and 80,000 or so Bonnaroovians are fast asleep in their dome tents. You can hear birds chirp and also the highway in the distance.

I slept through the late-night performances. I was suddenly very tired after Tom Petty's lengthy set, which included a guest appearance by Stevie Nicks. They sang "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around." Petty ended with "Gloria." I crawled into my tent and slept until dawn.

Today should be the best of the 3. I'm particularly excited about seeing the Neville Brothers, Damian Marley, Blues Traveler and Cypress Hill. Bonnaroo, of course, is all a-buzz for Radiohead's evening performance. I will not miss the late-night set by Dr. John and the Rebirth Brass Band.

PHOTO BY ED BENDER

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Your Ad Here